Buying online has benefits, chief among them time savings and convenience. This is especially true now that many online stores offer free shipping on large purchases, as well as detailed video reviews and guides.
You probably are already researching your purchase online, comparing models and prices from brand to brand. But what if you have questions that aren’t answered by the spec sheet? Most brands selling direct, as well as some online retailers, use online chat as a primary interaction. Really Good Ebikes maintains a 24/7/365 chat feature for the utmost consumer experience. Other communication tools these brands are using include YouTube channels and the old favorites, FAQ pages and even toll free phone lines.
10 Reasons You Should Buy Your Next Ebike Online
- We love local bike shops, and in an ideal world, everyone could try a few ebikes before they make a purchase. When you buy from a local shop - assuming there is a local shop in your area - you can get help setting up your ebike for a perfect fit, and be confident knowing that if you ever get a flat tire or need a tune-up, your local bike shop mechanic will be there to help.
- But the fact is that many people do not have access to a local bike shop anymore, and there seems to be fewer of them around each year. In fact, a recent survey by the National Bicycle Dealers Association reported that “the industry’s high point, in terms of unit sales, was the so-called "bike boom" in the 1970s.” Since then, many local bike shops in small towns and rural areas have closed.
- However, the ebike trend is booming, and there are more and more places every year to find an ebike. Many regular bike shops will carry one or two models of ebikes, so there is a chance you might be able to try one locally.
- And if you live in a big city, you might even have a speciality electric bike store, that only carries ebikes. Finally, there is the Ebike Expo, which gives riders a chance to try ebikes in about 10 cities each year.
- But the reality is that more of us are doing our shopping online every day, not only because it’s super convenient, but also because we can research more brands and find the best prices. And since free shipping is standard nowadays with online shopping, there are even fewer reasons not to consider buying an ebike online.
- There are other benefits to shopping online for an ebike. It’s important to understand that many of the best ebike companies are very small, with limited budgets for marketing. That means that even if they wanted to get their ebikes into every physical store, they just can’t afford to do the marketing necessary to do so.
- These same boutique ebike companies can, however, get their products widely known and distributed online, with amazing photos and videos to demonstrate all the features and benefits of their offerings. And online ebike retailers, who save money by not having to pay rent, insurance and inventory on a bricks-and-mortar store, can spend their money instead on outreach, to educate their customers and provide support throughout the buying process.
- Not only that, but with rapid improvements in ebike technology, with major companies building motors, batteries and other key components, the need for in-store service has been greatly reduced. In fact, you’re more likely to get a flat tire when riding your ebike than having a battery or electric motor fail.
- Finally, did you know that there are services now that have mobile bike shops that will come to your home, to help set up your ebike and do maintenance? That’s right, companies like Velofix and Beeline are offering many services on a mobile platform - a simple stepper van and trained technician - that even the best bike shops cannot match.
- It it still very important to do your homework and figure out which ebike will be fit your needs. But when it comes to shopping for an ebike, give online a try. You will be pleasantly surprised.